Mindmindful sweetly sent me this and I appreciate it. I really enjoy her blog and it’s always nice to know something you’ve posted has been read and maybe inspired someone else. Thank you so much!
Not one for rules, but I’ll abide by this one. I’m to unveil 7 interesting things about myself (seriously, I could only think of 3) and I’m to pass this award along to 7 others who inspire me. That part was easy.
7 Interesting Things About Me
1. I’ve lived a lot of places. Let’s see, there was Kentucky, Arizona, NYC, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. One of my favorite lines from The Head and The Heart is “my roots have grown but I don’t know where they are.” Pretty much sums me up.
2. I’m in management even though my hair is various hues depending on what month we’re in. Yes, they think I’m weird.
3. I’m a vegetarian who hates tofu.
4. I do not have even one little tattoo. I keep thinking I might some day, but nothing so far.
5. I saved my sister’s life twice, and this is after she wrote on my doll and threw my crayons away.
6. I am a movie afficianado…but I’m not much for chick flicks. I still watch Goodfellas sometimes to fall asleep to.
7. In a one month period my daughter had chicken pox, croup, fractured her elbow and stuck a styrofoam peanut up her nose. No one warns you about that stuff in the parenting books.
7 New Recipients
Maggsworld – So open and honest, I’ve been following her blog for a long time now. She is wise and funny. I think she’s going to make the world a better place.
NotLostJustWeird – He’s weird, yes. But hysterically funny too. His posts sometimes just make my day.
MoreZenNow – An eclectic collection of writing, subversive songs (yes, the one about Jesus) and photographs. Her blog makes me laugh and think. I usually can’t do those simultaneously.
MyLunchandDinner – I’m a foodie who has lost her way. I found this blog and it’s given me the fever again. It inspires me to find better food.
Glutenvygirl – Here’s a confession. I can eat gluten. But I love this blog anyway. She has such great recipes.
Thelaughinghousewife – I admire her spirit and her humor. Plus she posts jokes. I’ve never been able to tell one to save my life, but they make me laugh.
Lifeandothermisadventures – I admire her so much for her honesty in sharing her life with us all. Sometimes I cringe, thinking she deserves so much more and it’s a testament to her writing that I care at all. I’ll be following.
Thank you to everyone who blogs and reads. It’s a strange thing we do. But here’s to sharing pieces of our lives so we can all see we’re not alone.