All I can give
is the me that is left
Try so hard to be open
To be unphased
To be present
All I can give
damaged, but not gone
All I want
Is the same in return
1. My electricity went off the other night for a few hours. I realized I’m not completely comfortable with the lack of sound of electronic hums. I tried to listen to my Ipod, but it just reminded me how dark and quiet it really was. The lights came on around one in the morning and I immediately fired up my computer so I could be lulled to sleep by something, anything, that was on Netflix. It’s not so much I can’t be alone with my thoughts. It’s just nice to have a background noise to them.
2. Today we are under severe weather warning. Which, if you’re from the South, you know it means tornadoes. Logically I’m not afraid of having to live through another one again. Instead, I’m just weary of the worry it all brings. This is repayment for the lack of winter this year.
3. I finished a book of a certain genre that I have been lax about getting published. It’s just that mentally I decided not to publish in that genre anymore and it’s like I’ve already said goodbye. But it’s a shame to have something completed and not see it to the end. I promised myself I would do something with it this year. I just haven’t had the inspiration to do it. Maybe soon.
4. The coffee I bought with shots of fake caramel flavor just doesn’t taste as good as I hoped for.
5. I’m eating Indian food for lunch. Seems decadent.
6. My daughter offered to make me breakfast this morning. It still makes me sniffle that she does.
7. I haven’t written a poem in a while. I really should. I’ll give it some thought.
There’re more things on my mind today, but a girl has to keep some secrets.
Love really is blind, it doesn’t waiver when you’re at your worst
Love really is kind, it doesn’t gloat when you’re wrong or down
Love is sweet, it wants a smile just because
Love is heat, it warms you even on the coldest days
Love endures, even in the mundane moments
Love secures, it feels like arms around you when you most need a hug
Love wanes, it fades a little and waits patiently
Love remains, it comes back with a vengeance
Love will hurt, and tears will be shed
Love must flirt and adore despite the outside world caving in
Love makes you sigh happily in your sleep
Love makes you smile instead of weep
Love brings joy to your heart
Love strengthens even when you’re apart
Love can heal all those scars
Love can be etched in the stars
Love is the arms around you in the middle of the night
Love is the hug in the middle of a fight
Love makes you a better you
Love makes everything new